Thursday, May 3, 2007

Slow down and look around

That's 400 miles from Zap, North Dakota, 400 miles from Peek, Oklahoma, 400 miles from gay, Michigan, and 400 miles from Tab, Indiana- in case you're having a hard time reading it. I happen to know that it is also 1,517 miles from Surprise, Arizona. Surprise! (My brother and sister-in-law live there and that joke never gets old).

These are just three, out of more than fifty pictures that I took of Ricketts one misty day in May 2007. To see them all, just visit http://tmal.multiply.com/photos/album/51

As you can see, it's a lovely piece of Heaven ( uh, I mean Iowa- for all you "Field of Dreams" fans).

Now that we've got this website up and running, its time for you to contribute. If you grew up in Ricketts and have some memories or stories that you'd like to share, or if you have any pictures, or campy, kitschy, or corny ideas for the "Not the same Ricketts" file- please let me know.

I've been having so much fun with them, I made a whole column out of it. http://tedscolumn.blogspot.com/2007/05/postcard-from-middle-of-nowhere.html
If you're from Ricketts, please know that I wrote it with my tongue firmly in my cheek. It was meant to tickle and draw attention to your hometown, not to deride it. But, again- I think it's plenty time for you to start contributing to the Ricketts Kids' Reunion website. I'm looking forward to seeing what you send me.

Thanks,
Ted Mallory


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My only problem is that I have OLD dialup and "puter. Takes me so long to view it. But I think we will be getting newer one. (I hope). Can I forward this website on? I know our kids, the Moellers and my brother would be interested.
Good job Ted